★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbground beef or ground turkey
1 smallchopped onion
1 largecan of tomato sauce
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1/2 bag(s)tortilla chips, your choice
2 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
3 stalk(s)green onion chopped finely
How to Make Taco Casserole
- Brown meat and onions in a skillet until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning mix and stir well. Let simmer for 10 mins.
- While that is cooking, put the tortilla chips in the bottom of a sprayed 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour the meat mixture carefully over the chips,do not stir. Sprinkle the cheese over the whole thing and bake at 350 for 20 mins until nice and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and serve with more chips and sour cream.
- VARIATIONS I have tried and love. If you are stretching a budget or feeding a crowd you can add a can of corn or a can of black beans or both to the mixture. If it seems too dry add some salsa or a can of rotel tomatoes. This reheats nicely in the microwave the next day.