1 1/2 ccorn oil
2 Tbspcorn oil
1garlic clove, crushed or more to taste
2 ctomato puree
2 can(s)chopped green chilies (small cans)
6chicken bullion cubes
3 cheavy cream
2 ccooked chopped chicken
1 cgrated swiss cheese
1 cgrated monterey jack cheese
How to Make Swiss Enchiladas
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a frying pan on med. high heat.
Cook each tortilla in the hot oil for 3 seconds.
Lay them on a paper bag from the grocery store to cool. The bag soaks up leftover grease. Don't cook them longer or they will get hard.
You can add more oil in the pan, tear the round tortillas criss cross into 4th's and cook then till golden brown to make homemade tortilla chips to go with your Enchiladas.
- Saute" the onion and crushed garlic in the 2 TBSP oil.
Add the tomato puree and chopped chilies. Cook a few minutes till heated.
Add the chopped chicken, season with salt and simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat the cream in a pan on medium heat and dissolve bullion cubes in the hot cream. Don't let the cream boil.
- Now your ready to roll the Enchiladas.
Dip each tortilla into the hot cream, lay it in a casserole dish, spoon the chicken mixture into the center, then some cheese and roll it.
Line them up snuggly in the pan.
When finished rolling all of your tortillas, sprinkle remaining cheese over the tops of the Enchiladas and pour the remaining cream over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cream is bubbly.