Stacked Enchiladas for Beginners
- large can red or green enchilada sauce or chili con carne
- corn tortillas
- 2 c
- shredded longhorn cheese or mexican blend cheese
- onion, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 - 6
- green onions, chopped
- sour cream, for garnish
- salsa and tortilla chips
How to Make Stacked Enchiladas for Beginners
- 1Heat enchilada sauce or chili thoroughly in a saucepan.
- 2Place a spoonful of sauce on your heat-proof plate. Dip tortilla in sauce and lay flat on the sauce.
- 3Ladle 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese and chopped onion.
- 4Repeat this process to form a stack of three for each serving.
- 5Bake in 375° oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6Garnish with lettuce, tomato and green onions.
- 7Serve with sour cream, salsa and tortilla chips.