2 boxfrozen spinach
3 lbonions, sliced thin
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
4-5eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 citalian bread crumbs
·salt and pepper to taste
1 pkgpillsbury ready pie crust
How to Make Spinach Torta
- Thaw, drain and squeeze the spinach well to remove any liquid. Place in a large bowl.
- Saute onions in a large skillet in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent - approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese, softened cream cheese, eggs, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to the spinach. Mix well.
- Add the spinach mixture to the onions and mix well.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts and place into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Fill with the spinach mixture.
- Roll out the second pie crust and place on top of casserole. Prick the top pie crust with a fork and brush with a little oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool around 10 minutes or so before cutting into squares. Can serve at room temperature.