Southwest Chicken Chimichanga
Geoffry Le Cher
Blue Ribbon Recipe
There's only ONE thing that could make this recipe any better... a big side of queso! Great flavor, great recipe. The Test Kitchen
1store-bought rotisserie chicken
1(16-ounce) container sour cream
1(4 1/2-ounce) can chopped green chiles
2 cfrozen corn, thawed
1small onion, diced
1 clovegarlic, peeled, crushed, and minced
1 cshredded smoked mozzarella cheese
1 cextra sharp cheddar cheese
1 tspsmoky chipotle chile powder
1 Tbspfreshly ground black pepper
10flour tortillas (12”)
1 cvegetable oil, for frying
1guacamole or additional sour cream, for serving
How to Make Southwest Chicken Chimichanga
- In a large bowl, debone the chicken and shred the meat.
- Add sour cream, chopped green chiles, corn, onion, garlic, both cheeses, and spices.
- Toss well.
- Set oven to 200 and in a large pan over moderate heat, warm 1/4 cup of oil until it sizzles.
- Meanwhile, put 1/4 cup of the chicken filling into each tortilla, roll, and secure with a toothpick.
- Working one at a time, pan-fry until the tortillas are golden brown and the interior mixture is warm, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add additional oil after each fry session. Drain on a paper towel, and transfer to oven to keep warm.
- When ready to serve, place on platter (or serve 2 per plate), and serve with favorite guacamole or sour cream.