Smoky Chicken Tacos/Scoops
After I assembled the tacos for my husband, I put some Baked Tostitos Scoops on the side and handed off the plate. He LOVED the tacos and wanted another before I had even finished making my plate. When I carried his plate to the kitchen, I noticed some of the meat had fallen into one of the scoops and a lightbulb went off.
I quickly put some of the chicken mixture into one of the scoops, topped it with salsa verde and sour cream and had a quick taste test. And I just about died and went to heaven. It was THAT GOOD.
Try it! You won't be disappointed!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I love finding new appetizers to share with my friends, and this one is a real find. Tasting this during the preparation made me wonder if it might be a little too spicy for my taste. When I was through, though, the flavors had melded together to form a perfectly scrumptious little bite!
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
- 2 c
- shredded chicken
- 1-2 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp
- chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- lime juice
- onion slices, to taste
- jalapeno slices, to taste
- salsa verde
- white corn tortillas or tortilla cups
- sour cream
How to Make Smoky Chicken Tacos/Scoops
- 1In a small skillet, to this you should add a little bit of EVOO (about 1-2 teaspoons), about 3/4 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, a splash of lime juice, onion slices and jalapeno slices to taste.
- 2Toss the ingredients together until the chicken is covered in spices and is incorporated with the onion and jalapeno slices.
- 3Fry over medium heat until heated thoroughly and onions are translucent (about 8-10 minutes). Then it’s time for assembly!
- 4Spoon into tortilla scoops or into white corn tortillas (if you prefer tacos to scoops). Top with sour cream and enjoy!