- chicken breasts or can use 6 chicken tenders
- onion, cut in quarters and then sliced thin
- 2 can(s)
- black beans
- 1 can(s)
- mexicorn (drained)
- 1 large
- jar, medium salsa (if you prefer spicier, use hot salsa)
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning or 1/3 cup
- 4 - 6
- servings rice (instant brown rice is good)
- tortilla flats, warmed
How to Make Santa Fe Chicken - Steph
- 1In a crockpot, put the two cans of black beans, the drained Mexicorn, thinly sliced onion, and half a jar of Salsa. Also, put about half the taco seasoning in and stir this mixture. Lay frozen chicken on top of the stirred mixture, sprinkle remaining taco seasoning on top of frozen chicken, the pour the remaining Salsa over the frozen chicken. Put the lid on and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. Before serving, you can either remove the chicken or cut into chunks, or shred it while it is still in the crockpot. Cook the rice separately; add to the crockpot before serving.
- 2Stove top method: Slice the chicken into thin strips and put into skillet with the thinly sliced onion after spraying with cooking spray (might need to add a small amount of olive oil). Cook until chicken is cooked through, slightly brown and onion is tender. At this point, add taco seasoning to the chicken mixture and allow the seasoning to adhere to the chicken and onion mixture. Add the two cans of black beans and one can of drained Mexicorn. To this mixture, add one jar of Salsa (use medium; not mild). Meanwhile, cook the instant rice separately and add to the finished meat and bean mixture (may need to add a little water at this point if it is too dry). After everything is mixed, allow it to simmer 20 - 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. Serve by spooning a large spoon into a warmed tortilla flat, and adding the toppings of your choice.
- 3Toppings: sour cream, cheese, avocado, Salsa
Can also use tortilla chips instead of the flour tortillas. Very good with either of these. ENJOY!
You May Also Like:
Show 6 Comments & Reviews