Roasted red pepper and potato frittata
This is a good choice for a vegetarian meal.Unknown source
- eight large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and sliced yukon gold potato, cooked until just tender
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup grated manchego cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
1preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt. In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet. Arrange potatoes in a single layer over egg mixture, pressing lightly into eggs.
2Spread red peppers, 3/4 cup Manchego cheese, 1 tablespoon chives, and 1 tablespoon parsley over potatoes, pressing lightly into eggs. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until bottom of the egg is set.
3Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden and egg is set in center. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Manchego, 1 tablespoon chives, and 1 tablespoon parsley. Serve immediately. Makes one frittata, 10 inches