★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbsausage, sweet or hot. use andouille if you prefer
1 pkgtortillas, flour (use the 8-pack)
1 can(s)enchilada sauce, 24 oz
6 ozcheddar cheese, shredded. mexican cheese blend works, too.
2 tspcorn oil
8 ozsour cream
1/2 lblettuce, shredded
·taco sauce or salsa to taste
1 can(s)black olives, sliced (optional)
How to Make Red Enchiladas w/Italian sausage
- 1. Use sausage patties or crumble sausage or andouille. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Remove when cooked & drain fat.
- Add about 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce. Reserve the rest of the can for topping.
- Soften tortillas one at a time, medium omelette pan,in oil, or microwave them two at a time.
- Take sausage/sauce mixture and spoon into a softened tortilla. Roll. As you finish each enchilada, place in a 9 x 11 pan (I use the Pyrex one). Spray pan with cooking spray. Put each enchilada roll into pan, seam side down.
- Top the finished pan of enchiladas with remainder of sauce. If you have any sausage left over, just sprinkle it on.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. In the meantime, set out garnishes. Salsa works if you don't have taco sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese across center of enchiladas and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Pass around toppings. Enjoy!