Oh Your Taco Hit My Wonton
- 3 lb
- suitable pork meat, such as boneless ribs
- 1 c
- beef stock
- 1/4 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- favorite bbq sauce
- cabbage, shredded
- 1 or 2
- scallions minced
- 1/3 c
- 1/8 c
- more or less of lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 pkg
- wonton wrappers (rest can be freezed easily)
How to Make Oh Your Taco Hit My Wonton
- 1Place salted and peppered pork in a large heavy duty pan with lid and add the stock. Simmer on very low for about 2 hours until meat easily shreds. Remove and cool. Add BBQ sauce and heat gently in microwave or in covered container in 225 oven.
- 2Make the coleslaw. Mix all the ingredients. The idea here is to have a fairly sweet coleslaw to balance the spicy and hot BBQ'd meat.
- 3For the wontons: Use a small heavy sauce pan. You don't need to waste a ton of oil on a deep fryer. Oil should be about 2 inches deep. Heat oil to 325 and place one wonton in the oil. Use a spoon to push down and create an indention in the wrapper.
- 4These are done in a few seconds. Remove with tongs and place on paper toweling. Proceed to do all of them.
- 5Place a bowl of BBQ meat, the coleslaw, and the wontons on the table, and then place meat in the wonton and then spoon some coleslaw on top. These are utterly addictive!