No Fry Chimmichangas
- floured tortillas
- 2 c
- left over chicken beef or pork shredded or diced
- 1 small
- can green chilies drained
- 1-1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 c
- monterey jack cheese shredded
- egg wash
- shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes
- sour cream, salsa
How to Make No Fry Chimmichangas
- 1In a bowl combine the chicken, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Mix in green chilies
Add the cheddar and Monterey jack and mix thoroughly.
Salt and pepper
- 2Heat a tortilla over med to med high heat. Flip and warm the tortilla until it is soft and pliable.
- 3Fill the tortilla with about ¼ cup or more of meat mixture. With a pastry brush, brush a little eggwash around the side of the tortilla. Fold in sides and fold in bottom part and roll into the top part. Continue with the rest of the tortillas until all the meat mixture is gone. About 6-8
- 4In a non stick pan add enough oil to coat the bottom. Heat on med-to med high heat. Place filled tortilla into the pan with the seam side down cook until the filled tortilla turns golden brown, flip and brown the other side. Place browned tortilla on to a aluminum foil lined baking sheet. And Continue with browning the rest of the tortillas.
- 5Bake tortilla in the oven for 8-10 minutes. You want a crispy looking outside.
Top with sour cream and salsa
Serve with shredded lettuce and tomatoes