My Version of Creamy Enchilada Casserole
I have fixed this Very Often and Also for Busy Working Women who take it home for the Family to have a Nice Hot supper. It's always a Hit!!
- 1 pkg
- large flour tortilla's
- 3 medium
- blocks of pepper jack cheese(8-10 oz blocks)
- 16 oz
- of sour cream
- 2 can(s)
- 10 oz of white chicken breast (drained)
- 1 can(s)
- (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 pkg
- shredded cheddar cheese ( can use med or sharp)
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning
- 1 small
- onion ( diced very small)
- 1 pkg
- mozz, cheese(1 cup) and also of shred(pepper jack or monterey jack cheeses)
- 2 tsp
- 4-6 Tbsp
How to Make My Version of Creamy Enchilada Casserole
- 1Dice your blocks of pepper jack cheese and melt in microwave and check very often as it will scorch easily and then add your milk to make a creamy consistency.After its melted place hot bowl on counter top.
- 2Then add all Other ingredienst but NOT the SHREDDED CHEESE! Stir till a very nice creamy texture and if too stiff you can add a little bit more milk..
- 3Using a 9x13 pan ( I have used pyrex and alum and it doesnt matter the type)
Ladle a little of the sauce on the bottom of your pan. Then place 2 large flour tortiall's Ladle more sauce and smooth out over the tortilla's
Then sprinkle a bit heavily with the shredded cheddar cheese. Yhen Repeat till the Top is Flour Tortilla's and if any sauce is left feel free to lightly spread some across the top layer of tortilla's.
Then Sprinkle your Mozz Cheese and then your Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese.
- 4Preheat Oven at 350 Degree's
Place pan in oven and cook till Bubbly which is usually about 35 minutes.Watch Often so that The cheese doesnt Burn.
- 5Let it set and cool about 15 minutes before slicing .
It will tend to be somewhat runny if you slice it right out of the oven..
You May Also Like:
Show 4 Comments & Reviews