Mini Pork Empanadas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) philadelphia cream cheese spread
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- 3/4 lb
- lean ground pork
- chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp
- ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cloves
- 3/4 c
- mashed unpeeled cooked potatoes
- eggs, beaten
How to Make Mini Pork Empanadas
- 1Beat cream cheese spread and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, mixing well after each addition. Shape into ball. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, brown meat with onions in large saucepan. Stir in bouillon and spices. Remove from heat. Add potatoes; mix well. Cool completely.
- 3Heat oven to 400ºF. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Use 3-inch cutter to cut dough into 40 rounds, rerolling dough scraps as necessary
- 4Spoon 1-1/2 tsp. meat mixture onto center of each dough round; brush edge with egg. Fold in half; press edges together with fork to seal. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut small slits in tops to vent; brush with remaining egg.
- 5Bake 18 to 20 min. or until golden brown.
- 6Variation: Use the jalapeno cream cheese