Mini Pork Empanadas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 c(1/2 of 8-oz. tub) philadelphia cream cheese spread
1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 cflour
3/4 lblean ground pork
1chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
1 tspground allspice
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/8 tspground cloves
3/4 cmashed unpeeled cooked potatoes
How to Make Mini Pork Empanadas
- Beat cream cheese spread and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, mixing well after each addition. Shape into ball. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, brown meat with onions in large saucepan. Stir in bouillon and spices. Remove from heat. Add potatoes; mix well. Cool completely.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Roll out dough on floured work surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Use 3-inch cutter to cut dough into 40 rounds, rerolling dough scraps as necessary
- Spoon 1-1/2 tsp. meat mixture onto center of each dough round; brush edge with egg. Fold in half; press edges together with fork to seal. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut small slits in tops to vent; brush with remaining egg.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until golden brown.
- Variation: Use the jalapeno cream cheese