Mexican Tortilla Skillet
Sprinkle with chopped green pepper (if using) for a little color, crunch, and a healthy dose of vitamin C.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1 clovegarlic, minced
1green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1packet taco seasoning
6burrito-size flour tortillas
2 cpureed canned or fresh tomatoes
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Mexican Tortilla Skillet
- 1. Heat a large skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add ground beef, garlic, and taco seasoning.
- Cook until beef is browned, breaking it into small pieces with the side of a spoon and mixing everything together.
- While beef is browning, slice tortillas into 1-inch squares. A pizza cutter or scissors works well for this.
- Add tomatoes, salsa, and cut-up tortillas to skillet and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. If it seems dry, you can add a little water.
- Once this is heated through, sprinkle cheese over top and cover for a few minutes.
- Once cheese is melted, it is ready to serve.