Mexican Tortilla Skillet
Sprinkle with chopped green pepper (if using) for a little color, crunch, and a healthy dose of vitamin C.
★★★★★ 1 vote
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- packet taco seasoning
- burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 c
- pureed canned or fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Mexican Tortilla Skillet
- 11. Heat a large skillet over high heat until hot.
- 2Add ground beef, garlic, and taco seasoning.
- 3Cook until beef is browned, breaking it into small pieces with the side of a spoon and mixing everything together.
- 4While beef is browning, slice tortillas into 1-inch squares. A pizza cutter or scissors works well for this.
- 5Add tomatoes, salsa, and cut-up tortillas to skillet and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. If it seems dry, you can add a little water.
- 6Once this is heated through, sprinkle cheese over top and cover for a few minutes.
- 7Once cheese is melted, it is ready to serve.