- four ready-made precooked individual pizza bases such as boboli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces canned chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 7 ounces canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- one large red onion, shredded
- 1 cup grated sharp colby cheese
- one large fresh green chile, seeded and sliced into rings
- salt and pepper
How to Make Mexican pizzas
- 1arrange the ready-made pizza bases on a large cookie sheet and brush the surface lightly with the olive oil.
- 2Mix the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, and corn in a large bowl and add chili sauce to taste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Spread the tomato and kidney bean mixture evenly over each of the pizza bases.
Top each pizza with shredded onion and sprinkle with grated cheese and a few slices of fresh green Chile to taste.
- 4Bake in a preheated oven, 425°, for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, the cheese has melted and the pizza dough is crisp and Golden.
Remove the pizzas from the cookie sheet and transfer to serving plates. Serve hot. Serves four.