- 1 1/2 lb
- ground meat, beef turkey veal or any combo of these
- 2 can(s)
- chili beans, or your favorite i use ranch style when i can find them.
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes your favorite kind, i use petite cut
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix, even this is flexible i have used fajita seasoning.
- 1 can(s)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 lb
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- large flour tortillas
- anything you want to add to make it good for you
How to Make Mexican Lasagna
- 2In a 9x11 pan ( I use Pyrex but any will do )
Spoon in a small amount of juice from the sauce, I do this to keep tortillas from sticking, I brush it thinly with a pastry brush but you can use a spoon or gravity by tilting pan.
Put one tortilla in the center of the pan. Fold tortilla in half and half again. Then tear along the folds. You have 4 pieces. Put point in each corner. Layer tortilla's meat sauce, and cheese until full ending with cheese, I usually have 3 layers but it is also flexible.
- 4This is the first time writing this down, because it is always made with what I have on hand, I substitute a lot on this recipe so don't be afraid to make it your own. I have added peppers, green chillies, olives, it just depends on my mood. My family does not eat sour cream but I bet that would be a nice addition after baking.