Mexican Drunk Beans (Borracho Beans)
Not the most healthy of dishes, but bacon makes every thing better, and there is a lot. This recipe I made simple and I am giving you the larger version, but it can be broken down easily into smaller portions.
How to Make Mexican Drunk Beans (Borracho Beans)
- 1Using a good sharp knife or awesome pair of kitchen sheers, cut the bacon up into bite size or one inch pieces. Place into large stock pot and fry completely. It is okay if it is not crispy all over.
- 2Chop all the onion and add to the bacon about halfway through the bacon frying.
- 3Once the bacon and onion is finished add the cilantro, well chopped. Stir and mix well for about five minutes on a medium heat. Add the Tomatoes (blended or diced, based on preference) and simmer for about 30 minutes. If you wish a more soupy meal than add more tomatoes, again based on preference.
- 4Lastly, add the beans and simmer on low for as long as you wish. I have eaten the beans as soon as 30 minutes or as long as 3 hours from preparation. If you are good at measuring beans and quantities, dried beans may be used.
- 5I like to eat the soup using the scoops chips. Again, this may be used as a side or as a main meal.
Notice how all ingredients are in even quantities and can be broken down to a small family meal or large gatherings.