- 1 1/2 lb
- ground chicken
- 1 (15.5) oz
- cans kidney beans
- 2 c
- salsa (i used medium)
- 4 c
- coursely broken tortilla chips
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5) oz
- can diced tomatoes
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- additional tortilla chips, shredded lettuce and salsa (optional)
How to Make Mexican Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Cook chicken in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- 3Stir in kidney beans, salsa and tomatoes; heat until boiling, stirring occasionally; stir in sour cream.
- 4Place broken tortilla chips in the bottom of an ungreased 9 X 13-inch pan; top with chicken mixture; sprinkle onions and cheese on top.
- 5Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 6Arrange tortilla chips around the edge of casserole and serve with shredded lettuce, additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.