1 1/2 lbground chicken
1 (15.5) ozcans kidney beans
2 csalsa (i used medium)
4 ccoursely broken tortilla chips
1 csour cream
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 (14.5) ozcan diced tomatoes
2 cshredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
·additional tortilla chips, shredded lettuce and salsa (optional)
How to Make Mexican Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook chicken in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Stir in kidney beans, salsa and tomatoes; heat until boiling, stirring occasionally; stir in sour cream.
- Place broken tortilla chips in the bottom of an ungreased 9 X 13-inch pan; top with chicken mixture; sprinkle onions and cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Arrange tortilla chips around the edge of casserole and serve with shredded lettuce, additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.