Quesadillas with a slight Cajun twist! (Invented by my redneck husband.)
- flour tortillas
- cajun seasoning (my husband likes "slap-ya-mamma" brand)
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 or 4 slice
- bacon, cooked, crumbled (or about 4 tbsp bacon bits)
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked, shredded (leftover chicken is great for this)
- cooking oil
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make "Mexajun" Quesadillas
- 1Heat medium sized skillet over medium temperature.
- 2Brush one side of each tortilla with oil.
- 3Place tortilla, oil side down, onto skillet.
- 4Quickly, layer chicken, bacon and cheese on tortilla. Then sprinkle with Cajun seasoning to taste.
- 5Top with another tortilla, oil side up.
- 6When cheese has begun to melt, (after about 1 minute) turn quesadilla and cook other side also for about 1 minute.
- 7Repeat steps 1 - 6 with remaining quesadillas.
- 8Cut into triangles and serve with salsa and/or sour cream. Or just eat them plain.
About "Mexajun" Quesadillas
You May Also Like:
Show 1 Comment & Review