Layered Tortilla Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 conion, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 ccelery, chopped
1 Tbspchili powder
1 ccorn kernels, fresh or frozen
1 ckidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cgreat northern beans, rinsed and drain
1 ccottage cheese, lowfat
1/2 ccheddar cheese, grated and reduced fat
1 ctomato sauce
How to Make Layered Tortilla Casserole
- Combine the water, onion, garlic and celery in a microwave safe casserole.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes or until onions and celery are tender.
- Combine with chili powder, cayenne pepper, corn, beans, and tomato sauce.
- Place 3 corn tortillas on the bottom of a 2 quart microwave-safe casserole dish and top with 1/2 of the tomato-bean mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cottage cheese over the tomato-bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the grated cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 12 minutes or until cheese has melted, and ingredients are warmed through.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.