Layered Mexican Casserole
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 2 can(s)
- (15 oz.) cans refried beans
- 2 pkg
- spanish rice mix prepared according to package directions
- 2 1/2 - 3 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or any other hard cheese that you prefer.
- tortilla chips
TIP: THE SPANISH RICE MIX CALLS FOR STEWED TOMATOES, BUT I USE ROTEL INSTEAD.
How to Make Layered Mexican Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9 X 13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning, cumin, and chili powder and cook according to package directions. You may also add any other spices that you prefer. Prepare spanish rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- 2In prepared casserole dish, layer the seasoned ground beef, refried beans, half of the cheese, spanish rice and remaining cheese. Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle on top. Line casserole edges with unbroken tortilla chips for decoration.
- 3Bake at 350 for approximately 25 to 30 min, or until heated through. Let stand approximately 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce and diced fresh tomatoes. Enjoy!