★★★★★ 1 vote5
- jalapenos - i get the largest i can purchase
- 8 oz. bags of shredded mexican style cheese
- 1 lb
- large bottle of real bacon bits
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers
- 1Brown the hamburger in a frying pan, using whatever spices your family likes, making it as spicy hot as you want, knowing it will go inside Jalapenos.
- 2While hamburg is browning, remove stem of the Jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. (or leave in for an extra big kick!)
- 3Boil the jalapenos in water for a minute or two, or blanche in the microwave, whichever you prefer to half cook them.
- 4Drain the browned ground beef. Using a large baking sheet with at least 1" high sides, lined with aluminum foil, spread out the jalapenos halves touching each other.
- 5Spoon ground beef into jalapeno halves. Top with grated cheese and bacon bits. I just cover all the same, and then use a pizza cutter to separate the melted cheese after baking. It makes it faster to prepare if you don't cover each individually. If you like, you can also sprinkle Parmesan grated cheese on top!
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 7The men especially in my family go crazy for these. I can never make enough! I have also adapted American green peppers for these for those who don't like real spicy. You can also spoon salsa and a dollop of sour cream when they come out of the oven.