★★★★★ 1 vote5
24jalapenos - I get the largest i can purchase
2 bag(s)shredded Mexican style cheese, 8 oz. each
1 bottlereal bacon bits, 8 oz
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers
- Brown the hamburger in a frying pan, using whatever spices your family likes, making it as spicy-hot as you want (knowing it will go inside jalapenos).
- While hamburger is browning, remove stem of the jalapenos. Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds (or leave in for an extra big kick!).
- Boil the jalapenos in water for a minute or two or blanch in the microwave (whichever you prefer) to half cook them.
- Drain the browned ground beef.
- Using a large baking sheet, with at least 1" high sides and lined with aluminum foil, spread out the jalapenos halves touching each other.
- Spoon ground beef into jalapeno halves.
- Top with grated cheese. I just cover all the same and then use a pizza cutter to separate the melted cheese after baking. It makes it faster to prepare if you don't cover each individually.
- Then bacon bits.
- If you like, you can also sprinkle Parmesan grated cheese on top!
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- The men especially in my family go crazy for these. I can never make enough! I have also adapted American green peppers for these for those who don't like real spicy. You can also spoon salsa and a dollop of sour cream when they come out of the oven.