Jack O' Lantern Black Bean Quesadillas
Made these tonight for dinner. They turned out so cute and delicious. Just wish I had a camera so that I could take a picture of them.
- 10 inch jalapeno cheddar wraps
- 6 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- onion, finely diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- green bell pepper, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- 10 oz package package frozen corn
- 2 1/2 c
- pepper jack cheese, grated
How to Make Jack O' Lantern Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1Preheat broiler to high and place an oven rack about 5 inches from heat source. Line a couple of baking sheets with foil and mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Stack 6 wraps on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to trim away some of the top, leaving a 1-inch stem so wraps are shaped like pumpkins. Set those aside and repeat with remaining 6 wraps. Using a knife cut two triangles for eyes and a crescent for a mouth into these wraps. I made each jack o' lantern face different. Be creative and have fun!
- 3Now for the filling:
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until soft. Mix in beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, and corn; cook until heated through.
- 4Warm 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add a wrap without the eyes and mouth, spread one-sixth of the bean mixture on wrap, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover with cutout wrap.
- 5Cook until underside is golden, 1 to 2 minutes, slide onto baking sheet, and repeat to make 5 more quesadillas.
- 6Place baking sheets under broiler and broil until tops are golden. Serve immediately.