Huevos Ranchero Casserole Souffle1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 Tbspbutter, unsalted and softened
4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2jalapeno peppers, fresh minced with seeds and membrane removed
·"just a pinch" of pepper
6 csalsa, warmed
How to Make Huevos Ranchero Casserole Souffle
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch oven-proof glass or earthenware casserole dish.
- Make an incision along the length of each bell pepper and remove the stem, seeds and membranes, keeping the peppers whole.
- Fill a medium-size saucepan or skillet halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the peppers, let the water return to a boil and cook until the peppers are just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove and blot them very dry with paper towels.
- Let them cool completely and then line the bottom of the casserole with them.
- Separate the eggs into 2 large bowls.
- Beat the yolks until smooth, then stir in the cheese, corn, milk, jalapeno peppers and salt and black pepper.
- Whisk the whites until soft peaks form, then fold them into the yolk mixture, gently stirring just until almost blended.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared dish and transfer it to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake just until the eggs are puffy and the top is lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 and continue cooking until the eggs are baked through but not dry, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Test by inserting a knife into the center. It should come out almost clean.
- Remove the pan and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting the casserole into 12 rectangles.
- Serve each portion with some salsa spooned on top.