Huevos Ranchero Casserole Souffle1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1.5 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted and softened
- bell peppers
- eggs, separated
- 4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- 1 c
- jalapeno peppers, fresh minced with seeds and membrane removed
- 1 tsp
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 6 c
- salsa, warmed
How to Make Huevos Ranchero Casserole Souffle
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Butter a 9 x 13-inch oven-proof glass or earthenware casserole dish.
- 3Make an incision along the length of each bell pepper and remove the stem, seeds and membranes, keeping the peppers whole.
- 4Fill a medium-size saucepan or skillet halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- 5Add the peppers, let the water return to a boil and cook until the peppers are just softened, about 3 minutes.
- 6Remove and blot them very dry with paper towels.
- 7Let them cool completely and then line the bottom of the casserole with them.
- 8Separate the eggs into 2 large bowls.
- 9Beat the yolks until smooth, then stir in the cheese, corn, milk, jalapeno peppers and salt and black pepper.
- 10Whisk the whites until soft peaks form, then fold them into the yolk mixture, gently stirring just until almost blended.
- 11Scrape the mixture into the prepared dish and transfer it to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 12Bake just until the eggs are puffy and the top is lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- 13Reduce the heat to 325 and continue cooking until the eggs are baked through but not dry, 22 to 25 minutes.
- 14Test by inserting a knife into the center. It should come out almost clean.
- 15Remove the pan and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting the casserole into 12 rectangles.
- 16Serve each portion with some salsa spooned on top.