Come on now, it's really easy!
- 1 lb
- ground pork
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- mexican oregano (try to get the mexican kind, it's really good. regular will work though)
- 2 clove
- garlic, pressed or minced very fine
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Homemade Chorizo
- 1Mix all ingredients. Allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator. It's important that the mixture marinate for a while, to make sure that flavor of the vinegar and the spices meld with the meat.
- 2You can use this now, or you can freeze it.
- 3If you choose to freeze it like I often do, roll the mixture up in a plastic wrap roll. Twist it at the halfway point, so you have two "links". Then twist each link again at the halfway points. Then twist the ends of the plastic. This way, you will end up with 4 links of 1/4 lb each. Freeze it all, and it's easy then to just cut off what you need and thaw it.
- 4This stuff is killer on nachos, breakfast burritos, tostadas, tacos, or what have you.