Ham & Cheese Enchilada Casserole
- corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb
- sliced ham
- 2 lb
- oaxacan cheese (may substitute mozzarella or monterey jack)
- 2 large can(s)
- enchilada sauce (i use macayo's)
- 1 to 2 can(s)
- black olives, cut in half
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped
- 1 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese for topping
How to Make Ham & Cheese Enchilada Casserole
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take a lasagna size pan (if using a 9x13 pan you may need fewer ingredients) and drizzle some of the enchilada sauce (shake the can before opening) over the bottom of the pan to cover.
- 2Use 6 tortillas to cover the bottom of the pain and top with enchilada sauce (this will use up the rest of the first can). Layer sliced ham to cover. Shred one pound of cheese (you may use less if desired) and cover the ham. Sprinkle on some of the chopped green onions and one can (drained) of the halved black olives.
- 3Top this layer with another 6 tortillas, cover them with enchilada sauce and repeat the steps above. Cover with the last 6 tortillas and the remainder of the enchilada sauce. Sprinkle the Mexican blend cheese on top for color (and if you have any green onions or olives left over you may add those too).
- 4Bake at 350 degrees until all ingredients are well melted, about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut as you would a lasagna and serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce and your favorite salsa. Great with beans and rice. Leftovers heat up very well in the microwave.