Green Chili Pie
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
2 smallcans chopped green chilis
2 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cjalapeño cheese, cheese
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Green Chili Pie
- If you like spicy food, add the cup (or more) of jalapeño cheese, you can make it has hot as you'd like. I'm not fond of spicy things, so I leave the hot cheese out and substitute it with more Monterey Jack (or anything I've got on hand!).
- Mix green chilis (do NOT drain), onions and soup together and set aside.
Mix all your shredded cheese together and set aside.
- I use a 2 Qt. deep casserole dish to make this, so I cut my tortillas to fit the dish- so that they make a layer. Hopefully, this will make sense as you start making this dish.
- Spray Pam on the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer tortillas, soup mixture and a BIG handful of cheese for your first layer. Continue with that layering method, ending with cheese. The more cheese, the better. I use all kinds of cheese. It's a great way to use up all those used packages of shredded cheese.
- Bake 350, 45 - 60 minutes. It need to be bubbly and golden brown on top. Let set for awhile before eating.
Serve with tortilla chips, chopped tomatoes, and chopped lettuce. You may want to fix taco meat and have flour tacos on the side!