FIESTA TORTILLA-SHRIMP CASSEROLE
I know, this probably sounds like a weird casserole, but it's really quite good! Salsa verde adds the heat, so if you like your foods a little milder, switch the salsa to something of your choice.
- 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 c
- salsa verde
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- a.p. flour
- 4 tsp
- dried cilantro, crushed
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz. frozen cooked, peeled & deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 c
- frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 c
- shredded mexican chihuahua or farmer cheese
How to Make FIESTA TORTILLA-SHRIMP CASSEROLE
- 1Cut 3 of the tortillas into 6 wedges each; place into the bottom of a greased square 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
Cut remaining tortillas into thin bite-size strips and place on a baking sheet; bake at 350 about 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 2Meanwhile, combine salsa, sour cream, flour and cilantro. Stir in shrimp and corn. Spoon shrimp mixture over tortillas in dish.
- 3Bake, uncovered, in a 350^ oven for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Arrange baked tortilla strips over casserole. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes more.
Garnish ideas: sour cream, tomato, jalapeno peppers.