This is a family favorite. I found this recipe when I got my first microwave oven, you can cook the entire casserole in the microwave. I was soooo excited, lol. It can be cooked in the oven too, just in case. We like it served with lettuce, tomato and taco sauce in addition to the chips and sour cream.
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbground beef, browned
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1- 16oz can(s)refried beans
1 can(s)nacho cheese soup
1 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cblack olives, sliced
1 csour cream
1 pkgtortilla chips
How to Make Fiesta Casserole
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef and taco seasoning together.
- In 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, spread refried beans, then spread beef mixture on top of beans.
- Pour nacho soup over top of beef, to within 1 inch of edge of dish. Sprinkle with jack cheese and then olives.
- Cook in microwave on high for approximately 6 minutes. You may have to adjust the time according to your microwave. Can also be cooked in oven at 350 degrees, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with chips and sour cream, we like it with tomatoes and lettuce, with extra taco sauce.