ENCHILADAS CASSEROLE STYLE
THE INGREDIENTS, ARE AN ESTIMATE, YOU CAN ADD OR CONDENSE TO YOUR NEEDS, I MAKE FOR 7 PEOPLE.
2 to 4 lbhamburger
1 - 2onions, diced
·plenty of cheese, we use fiesta blend, can use monterey jack and your favorite cheddar, or any other workable cheeses
1 to 2dozen corn tortillas
1 - 2 clovegarlic, minced
2 - 3 can(s)your favorite enchilada sauce, or my recipe also in just a pinch
How to Make ENCHILADAS CASSEROLE STYLE
- Brown the hamburger in a pan with the garlic, salt and pepper and some of the onion. Drain off the grease. Meanwhile, heat the enchilada sauce in a saucepan with a dash of salsa if desired, until quite hot, It will help cut down your cook time in oven.
- Grease your dish you will make the enchilada casserole in. Put some enchilada sauce in the bottom of your pan spread it around so it covers the bottom, but go easy. Next layer in 1 high of corn tortillas across the bottom, smear a little enchilada sauce on them and spread hamburger over the top of that. (depends how much hamburger you have to use, as to how thick you do it, I make my enchilada casserole 3 tortillas high, with last layer just having a light sprinkling of hamburger. Next you sprinkle a layer of of onion across the top and then your cheese. (can add diced green chiles as well, if you choose) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Now drizzle enchilada sauce across the top of that, and do another layer of corn tortillas. Again spread some enchilada sauce over that, ( a thin coat). Now the hamburger and then the onion and next cheese. Drizzle enchilada sauce over the top.
- This last layer is a bit different, as this is the top of your casserole. Put your corn tortillas over the top and smear enchilada sauce over the top, try to cover each tortilla. Spread cheese over the top of that, and lightly sprinkle some onion and hamburger over that. A dash more cheese and then drizzle your enchilada sauce over that.
- Put it in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Till cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling a bit.
May serve with chopped lettuce and sour cream if you desire. I like to spread sour cream across the top lightly and add chopped lettuce. Best served with refried beans on the side.