Enchiladas (Air Force Style)
2 can(s)mild enchilada sauce
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
3 1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 lbground beef or ground turkey
1 cchicken broth, low salt
1 ccanola or corn oil
1 tspcumin, ground
3 clovegarlic, minced
·salt and pepper
How to Make Enchiladas (Air Force Style)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, put the enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Fill enchilada can half way with water and add to the bowl with the sauce, soup and broth. Using a whisk and mix well. If it too thick then add half a can more of water. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, put 1 cup of oil. Heat oil for 3-5 minutes (325degrees) Fry corn tortillas soft (10-15 seconds on each side), and drain on paper towels.
- In another frying pan, brown ground beef with cumin, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Drain off extra oil.
- To Assemble: Put 1/2 cup of sauce mixture and spread across the bottom of the casserole dish. Dip 4-6 tortillas in sauce mixture and let excess drain off and layer in the bottom of casserole dish.
Spread 1/3 of the cooked ground beef, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat for two more layers ending with tortillas. Spread the last of the sauce on the top layer of the layers.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Then take 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and sprinkle on the top of casserole and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Substitutions: To make these into Chicken enchiladas use 3-4 cups of chopped/shredded cooked chicken. Use this chicken and skip the step of the ground beef.