★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 pkg
- enchilada seasoning pkg (frenches)
- 2 can(s)
- tomato paste (small)
- 2 can(s)
- water (use tomato paste can to measure)
- 1 jar(s)
- chili powder
- 4 pkg
- hamburger (4 lbs)
- 1 can(s)
- 1 pkg
- cheese (colby, brick or american)
- 3 pkg
- flour tortillas (fresh)
How to Make Enchiladas
- 1Brown hamburger and drain. Add seasonings, tomato paste, water and peas. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Grate cheese and mix in with meat mixture. [Let meat mixture cool before adding cheese.]
- 2To make chili sauce mixture - Mix chili powder and flour, add water, as for gravy. Use 1/2 of large jar of chili powder at a time. Makes enough for a regular fry pan about full. (Consistency of gravy.) [You will need to make up another skillet full for the full three dozen tortillas.]Fry tortillas quickly in hot grease, on both sides. Do not get them too hard. Drain on paper towels. Kind of flip flop in hot grease.
- 3Fry tortillas quickly in hot grease, on both sides. Do not get them too hard. Drain on paper towels. Kind of flip flop in hot grease.
- 4After frying tortillas, put them in chili sauce, on both sides, set them on a tray - four or five at a time, spread out. Then fill with meat mixture in the center & roll up and put in foil lined 13 x 9" pan. When bottom of pan is full, put a sheet of foil on top of them and start another row. Heat in oven on low, 250 degrees for 20 minutes to heat through.