Easy Cheese Enchiladas
1 pkg8 oz chedder cheese
1 pkg8 oz jack cheese
1small package of shredded mexican blend cheese for the top
1 can(s)small, slices black olives
1 can(s)16 oz enchilada sauce
1 pkgbrown gravy mix (mccormicks)
1 pkgonion gravy mix (mccormicks)
·sour cream for garnish
·oil for frying
How to Make Easy Cheese Enchiladas
- Cut chedder cheese into 12 pieces, also cut the jack cheese into 12 pieces. Chop the onion fine. Slice the olives. Chop the tomato, set aside.
- Prepare gravy mix as directed on each package..(2 cups water mixed in with both packages, stir well and cook til thickened) add enchilada sauce and stir well. Pour about 1/2 cup into bottem of a 8x11 pan.
- Soften tortillas in a little bit of oil..you dont want to fry them, just soften them and put them on a plate.
- Take one tortilla and put in a slice of cheddar and a slice of jack cheese, about a teaspoon or a little less of onion and sprinkle a few olives on it, then roll up
- Pour Sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle some cheese on top, then some olives and bake 350 for 30 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes to set or they wont come out of the pan real nice. Top with chopped tomatoes , sour cream
- if I am having company over, I double this and put it in a 13x9 pan. I also have varied this adding some hamburger seasoned with taco seasoning mix and a can of green chilis and cheese, or refried beans and cheese. Another time I used a rottiserie chicken and shredded it with some cheese for teh filling. The plain cheese ones are the favorite though.