Double Decker El Patos
- 1 can(s)
- (7 3/4 oz can) el pato tomato sauce
- 2 can(s)
- (8 oz can) tomato sauce
- tomato sauce can of water
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1- 1.25 lb
- hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 pkg
- 6" flour tortillas
- 1/2 c
- canola oil, or oil of your choice
- toppings- shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced olives, chopped avacado, sour cream-anything you add to your tacos!
How to Make Double Decker El Patos
- 11. While hamburger is browning in frying pan, start sauce in 2 QT saucepan by melting butter over medium heat. Add flour to butter and wisk, cooking until smooth and very lightly browned. Add 2 cans tomato sauce, 1 tomato sauce can of water and 1/2 -1 can of El Pato Sauce, depending on how spicy you want it. (I use about 3/4 of the can-this is spicy stuff!)
- 22. When hamburger is browned, drain fat and add hamburger to sauce. Cover saucepan and simmer on low heat while you prepare your toppings.
- 33. With toppings ready, put 1/2 cup oil in clean frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, fry torillas flat on both sides, one at a time until golden brown and crisp. Flour tortillas will bubble up when fried, just press down on the bubbles with your tongs for a few seconds to flatten. Drain on paper towels.
- 4To prepare Double Decker El Pato, place one tortilla on plate, (I use paper plates because these slide around on regular ceramic/glass plates), top with 1/3 cup of sauce, and add preferred toppings. We use lettuce, tomatoes, grated cheese, chopped avacado, sliced olives, sliced jalapeno peppers (from jar) and sour cream.
Make a second layer on top of first layer, same as the first with tortilla, sauce and toppings.