Crispy Beef, Bean & Cheesy Burritos
The nice thing about this recipe is you can taylor it to suit yours and your family own individual tastes .
I don't really measure the ingredients but I'll try to get as close to them as I can
1 to 1 1/2 lbhamburger meat
1 -16oz can(s)refried beans
1 pkgburrito seasoning mix ( can substitute taco seasoning mix mix )
1-10oz can(s)diced tomatoes and green chilies
1-8oz can(s)tomatoe sauce (optional)
·salt to taste
·black pepper to taste
·garlic powder to taste
·onion powder to taste
1-8oz pkgshredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbspsour cream (optional)
1 mediumonion chopped (optional)
8- 10flour tortillas ( large )
How to Make Crispy Beef, Bean & Cheesy Burritos
- Cook hamburger meat with salt , pepper , garlic powder and onion powder till well done in a deep frying pan or large pot if you have only one fry pan because you will need your pan for later .Drain off grease , then place meat into a medium size serving bowl lined with 4 paper towels . Take 2 more paper towels and press the meat so that all of the grease is absorbed . Return to pan after you have wiped the grease from it too.
- Add the next 4 ingredients, stirring till completely mixed together . Add water mixing well . Turn heat up to medium high till it starts bubbling then reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes or long enough for most of the liquids to evaporate, stirring constantly all the while so as not to scorch . Remove from heat
- In another deep frying pan, pour your favorite cooking oil in ( about the amount you would normally use to fry chicken ) heat to MED high .
Meanwhile open the tortilla package , leaving the tortillas inside of it . Place the whole package inside of a microwave and heat for about 30 seconds to soften them up .
- Take a tortilla and spread about 2 tbsp of sour cream in the middle . Add about 1/2 cup meat, bean mixture spreading it to but not all the way to the edges leaving plenty of room to fold it over , add 1/4 cup onions then 1/4 cup of cheese sprinkling each evenly over mixture . Omit the sour cream and onions if you don't like them and substitute onions for more cheese .
- Using both hands , keep rolling one side of tortilla over filling while bringing the ( ends ) sides of tortilla inward tucking them inside snugly to hold in the filling .
- Making sure the oil is plenty hot first , add burrito folded side down. Using a spatula, immediately press it down lightly so it won't come unfolded as it starts to cook .
They cook fast so turn over after a couple minutes or less depending on how hot the oil is, to make sure they don't burn . They should be a nice golden color when done . Place on a paper towel lined platter or plate to soak up oil .
- Top with your choice of picante sauce , sour cream , guacamole, chopped purple onions, chopped tomatoes ,sliced black olives, a green salad or top with all of them at the same time. ENJOY ! :>D