Crispy Beef, Bean & Cheesy Burritos
The nice thing about this recipe is you can taylor it to suit yours and your family own individual tastes .
I don't really measure the ingredients but I'll try to get as close to them as I can
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb
- hamburger meat
- 1 -16oz can(s)
- refried beans
- 1 pkg
- burrito seasoning mix ( can substitute taco seasoning mix mix )
- 1-10oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-8oz can(s)
- tomatoe sauce (optional)
- 1/4 c
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- onion powder to taste
- 1-8oz pkg
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream (optional)
- 1 medium
- onion chopped (optional)
- 8- 10
- flour tortillas ( large )
How to Make Crispy Beef, Bean & Cheesy Burritos
- 1Cook hamburger meat with salt , pepper , garlic powder and onion powder till well done in a deep frying pan or large pot if you have only one fry pan because you will need your pan for later .Drain off grease , then place meat into a medium size serving bowl lined with 4 paper towels . Take 2 more paper towels and press the meat so that all of the grease is absorbed . Return to pan after you have wiped the grease from it too.
- 2Add the next 4 ingredients, stirring till completely mixed together . Add water mixing well . Turn heat up to medium high till it starts bubbling then reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes or long enough for most of the liquids to evaporate, stirring constantly all the while so as not to scorch . Remove from heat
- 3In another deep frying pan, pour your favorite cooking oil in ( about the amount you would normally use to fry chicken ) heat to MED high .
Meanwhile open the tortilla package , leaving the tortillas inside of it . Place the whole package inside of a microwave and heat for about 30 seconds to soften them up .
- 4Take a tortilla and spread about 2 tbsp of sour cream in the middle . Add about 1/2 cup meat, bean mixture spreading it to but not all the way to the edges leaving plenty of room to fold it over , add 1/4 cup onions then 1/4 cup of cheese sprinkling each evenly over mixture . Omit the sour cream and onions if you don't like them and substitute onions for more cheese .
- 5Using both hands , keep rolling one side of tortilla over filling while bringing the ( ends ) sides of tortilla inward tucking them inside snugly to hold in the filling .
- 6Making sure the oil is plenty hot first , add burrito folded side down. Using a spatula, immediately press it down lightly so it won't come unfolded as it starts to cook .
They cook fast so turn over after a couple minutes or less depending on how hot the oil is, to make sure they don't burn . They should be a nice golden color when done . Place on a paper towel lined platter or plate to soak up oil .
- 7Top with your choice of picante sauce , sour cream , guacamole, chopped purple onions, chopped tomatoes ,sliced black olives, a green salad or top with all of them at the same time. ENJOY ! :>D