Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1 bunch
- green onion, chopped including whites and 1/2 of greens
- 1/2-1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 4 oz can(s)
- diced green chilies (can use jalapenos if you like it hot)
- 2 10.75 oz
- cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 4 c
- diced cooked chicken
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- flour tortillas, 12 inch
- 1/2 c
How to Make Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- 3Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- 4In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly
- 5I am on a mission to get rid of as many processed foods from my family's diet as possible. I will post an alternative "make your own" cream of chicken soup which I now use in place of the canned. The canned works great, but just like the option to not use it.