- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup chunky red salsa, mild or medium
- 1-4 oz. can diced chilies
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- shredded cheese, jack or cheddar, sour cream and cilantro for toppings
How to Make Chimichito!
- 1Heat oven to 400F
In a bowl combine Chicken, salsa and chilies.
- 2Heat the tortillas just a little in a dry skillet to make them pliable.
Spoon the mixture on the tortillas.
Roll them up Burrito style.
Bottom over the mixture, sides in and then roll away from you.
- 3Place on a baking sheet brush top of each one lightly with oil.
Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 4While they are baking heat your enchilada sauce either in a small pot on the stove or in the microwave.
When serving place some warm sauce on a plate, lay a chimichito on top, add a spoon of sour cream, cheese and some cilantro. Enjoy!
Note: Sometimes I also add cheese to the filling, like mine! :-)