Blue Ribbon Recipe
Until I tried this recipe I had never been able to replicate the flavors of the restaurant chimichangas I love so much! This super simple dish packs a terrific flavor punch and are darn cute on the plate too. We think they would also be good with cumin in place of the oregano... your choice! Give 'em a try for your next fiesta! The Test Kitchen
1 lbground chuck
1/2 cchopped onions
2 cloveminced garlic
1 tsporegano leaves
1 tspcrushed red pepper
6 ozsliced velveeta
8small flour tortillas
·sour cream or salsa,to dunk in.
How to Make CHIMICHANGAS
- Brown beef in large skillet,drain. Add onions, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper, mix well. Cook til onions are tender.
- Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture on to center of tortilla cover with slice of cheese.
Fold in all sides of tortilla to completely enclose filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on baking sheet.Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- On medium-high, heat oil. Add tortilla pouches,two at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Remove tooth picks and serve with sour cream or salsa.
- NOTE: They cook quick, keep your eye on them!