Blue Ribbon Recipe
Until I tried this recipe I had never been able to replicate the flavors of the restaurant chimichangas I love so much! This super simple dish packs a terrific flavor punch and are darn cute on the plate too. We think they would also be good with cumin in place of the oregano... your choice! Give 'em a try for your next fiesta! The Test Kitchen
- 1 lb
- ground chuck
- 1/2 c
- chopped onions
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 1 tsp
- oregano leaves
- 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper
- 6 oz
- sliced velveeta
- small flour tortillas
- 2 c
- sour cream or salsa,to dunk in.
How to Make CHIMICHANGAS
- 1Brown beef in large skillet,drain. Add onions, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper, mix well. Cook til onions are tender.
- 2Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture on to center of tortilla cover with slice of cheese.
Fold in all sides of tortilla to completely enclose filling; secure with toothpicks.
- 3Place on baking sheet.Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 4On medium-high, heat oil. Add tortilla pouches,two at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Remove tooth picks and serve with sour cream or salsa.
- 5NOTE: They cook quick, keep your eye on them!