★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 or more
1 Hr 10 Min
1 can(s)of diced green peppers about 3 oz can
1 can(s)black beans, canned about 8 oz can
1/2 lblean ground beef or you could use ground turkey or ground chicken
1 jar(s)herdez salsa fresca ( or brand of your choosing)
1 pkgmexican blend shredded cheese
4 pinchchili powder
4 pinchcumin ground
2 pinchgarlic powder
4 pinchpaprika hot (only if you want to add heat)
4 pinchchipotle chili powder (only if you want to add heat)
·salt to taste. i do not use salt because it is in the processed foods already.
How to Make Chillaquiles
- in fry pan place some water and your diced onions, cover and let onions cook until they turn translucent.
- Add hamburger, fry it up until cooked through.
- Add can of black beans, can of diced green chilis, and 3/4of the jar of salsa.
- Add all the seasonings
- In a small casserole dish place your tortilla chips so they cover the botton of the dish.
- Once the meat and bean mixture has had a chance to blend their flavors turn off the fire and pour the mixture over the tortilla chips.
- Turn oven to 350
- place shredded cheese over top of the dish and then use the rest of the salsa to pour over the top of the cheese.
- place dish uncovered in heated oven for about 15 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Great served with green salad and guacamole and chips. YUMMMMMM!