Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
I've modified it just a bit to suit my own cooking style.
Pic credited to Taste of Home.com
- 2 box
- jiffy corn bread mix
- green pepper-chopped
- 1 large
- celery rib-chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 pkg
- hot dogs-cut up into bite sized pieces
- 2 can(s)
- chili w/beans
- 4 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- chili pwd
- 1 tsp
- garlic pwd
- 2 c
- shredded cheese
How to Make Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- 1Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread half the batter into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish; set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender.
Stir in hot dogs; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder; heat through.
Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- 3Spoon over corn bread batter
Top with remaining corn bread batter.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving