Chiles Rellenos Irisa Style……
Irisa Raina 9
This was last night's dinner, we had the neighbors over.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Mucho yummo! Cheese, Rotel, lime... it's all here and it's ALL delicious. The Test Kitchen
- 3 or 4 pablano peppers find the largest one you can
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 6 oz blue cheese
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can rotel tomatoes with lime
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce *** or to taste + 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- egg whites
- salt & pepper
- oil for frying
How to Make Chiles Rellenos Irisa Style……
- 4Stuff the peppers and put tooth picks in a “ X “ pattern to hole them together.
Once you have that done, you’ll want to roll them carefully in the flour, then dip into the egg whites and roll in the flour again.
- 5Heat the oil and fry them till they are all golden brown.
Drain on paper towels…and enjoy~~~~
- 6I like to serve these with some home made tomato sauce and extra shredded cheese. .
These can be stuffed with anything that you like.
Also if you can’t find the tomato’s with lime, just squeeze one lime into the mixture.
- 7*** I love the taste of Sriracha hot chile sauce but use what you have or love.
You can make this with out charring the outsides of the peppers…but I like the added smokiness flavor that they get from the grille.