- 2 can(s)
- 28 oz whole green chilis
- 2 lb
- monerey jack cheese (may not need all)
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese shred for top
- 18 large
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make Chile Rellenos Casserole
- 1Prepare large baking pan,(I use 10x15)
Butter pan well. Open cans of green chilis, put in a strainer, rinse well, be
careful not to break chilis. Remove seeds.
Place chilis on paper towels, to fill them.
- 2Cut jack cheese in 1/4 inch slices, then
cut slices in sticks, 2 or 3 to a slice,so
they fit in chilis. Then put a slice in
each chili, all of them. Lay the chilis in
the pan so they completely cover the pan.'
Repeat layer, completely covering bottom layer, if making large pan. If not use a13x9 inch pan, making 1/2 recpe then
proceed to mix batter.
- 3Grate some Jack cheese over all the chilis, just enough to cover. Beat eggs
with mixer until well mixed.
- 4In another bowl, put flour,salt, baking
powder, and baking soda. Mix well. Then
put flour mixture in eggs, mixing until
smooth. Pour over green chilis with grated jack cheese on top. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a
toothpick stuck in, comes out clean.
Take out of oven, put grated cheddar cheese on top, put back in oven for a few
minutes until melted. Take out of oven,
and cool slightly. Serve with salsa on
top, or sour cream. DELICIOUS,