I like to compliment the warm, soft enchiladas by serving them with a cool, crunchy side salad.
- 2 can(s)
- chick peas
- corn tortillas
- 1 can(s)
- enchilada sauce (large)
- spices to taste (ie cumin, chipotle powder, etc)
How to Make Chickpea Enchiladas
- 2Next, mix the chickpeas with whatever other ingredients you’d like to include in your enchiladas. I stirred in salsa, cumin, and chipotle pepper powder.
- 3Pour a little enchilada sauce into the bottom of your oven-safe baking dish- just enough to cover the bottom surface.
- 4Soften some corn tortillas (there are many methods for this; I like to put a few in a covered dish and heat them in the microwave with a damp paper towel) so that they are flexible enough to roll without breaking.
- 6Place the rolled enchiladas in the baking dish side by side. When you’re done, cover with enchilada sauce (I like the green Chile Verde sauce personally.) I was using a small dish, so I rolled a layer of enchiladas, covered them with some of the sauce, and layered another layer of enchiladas on top. If you are making fewer or using a larger baking dish, you could also just make a single layer and bake for less time.
- 7Bake the enchiladas at 375 degrees until they start to get brown and bubbly.