Even finicky eaters love taco night because they can add toppings to suit their tastes. In this recipe, chicken is coated with taco seasoning and then stir-fried, so the zesty flavor really shines through!
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1/3 c
- chopped onion
- 1/3 c
- chopped green pepper
- taco shells, warmed
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
How to Make Chicken Tacos
- 1Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- 2In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3Combine the chicken, onion and green pepper; spoon into taco shells. Top with lettuce and cheese. Serve with salsa if desired.
- 4*TIP*: Round out this meal with quick and easy boxed Spanish rice, found in the rice section of the supermarket. It takes only minutes to prepare and everyone loves it!