My brothers love these enchiladas and I try to make them for special occassions! I threw some ingredients together and this is what I came up with. We could not find anyone who made them like this so, it is my job, now. I love it!
- 1 -6 oz. can(s)
- low sodium v8 juice
- 1 -10 oz can(s)
- old elpaso green enchilada sauce
- 1 -15 oz can(s)
- hormel chili ( no beans )
- 1 medium
- onion finely chopped
- 2 -16 oz
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- white corn tortillas
- 4 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 9x13 inch pan sprayed with pam
- shredded lettuce
How to Make Cheese Enchiladas
- 1mix v8, enchilada sauce and Hormel chili in medium sauce pan. Bring just to a boil, stir, cover and remove from heat.
- 2chop onions and set aside. Put cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- 3lightly fry tortillas in hot frying pan with a small amount of oil, turning once. Tortillas will puff up when ready to turn. Usually about 5-10 seconds. Then about 5 seconds and remove to drain on paper towels. Fry all tortillas.
- 4Take a fried tortilla, add 1/4-1/2 cup cheese and a tsp. onions down middle of each tortilla and roll tortilla. Place each tortilla, side by side, in a 9x13 inch pan. It will hold 12 enchiladas.
- 5Stir enchilada sauce you made earlier and pour over rolled enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese and onions. Put in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with shredded lettuce on the side or on top of enchiladas
- 6You may have some extra sauce left over. It freezes well.