Charro Beans(Easy Shortcut Recipe)
How to Make Charro Beans(Easy Shortcut Recipe)
- Fry the bacon crisp, remove from pan, crumble and set aside.
- To the bacon fat in the pan, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 min. or more.
- Right before serving, stir in the crumbled bacon.
- ** If you want to roast your own red pepper, place it under the broiler or directly on the burner of your stove. Cook and turn occasionally until all sides are charred and blistered. Place in a paper bag and roll up the top. Wait 5-10 min. then remove and peel(the peeling will slip right off at this point.) I like to leave a few pieces of the blackened peeling intact to impart more smoky flavor to the beans. Dice and seed the pepper and you're ready to go!