Burrito, egg, and cheese bake.
This is a new twist on an old favorite....burritos baked in a casserole.Source unknown
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- frozen beef and bean burritos, thawed, such as el monterey
- 3 Tbsp
- baking mix, such as bisquick
- 2/3 c
- whole milk
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c
- chopped plum tomato
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make Burrito, egg, and cheese bake.
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a shallow 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add burritos, and cook, turning occasionally, for five minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Arrange burrito pieces in prepared baking dish.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together baking mix and milk. Add eggs, whisking until combined. Pour over burrito pieces. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Sprinkle with tomato and cilantro.