1-2 lbground beef
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 pkgshredded lettuce
1 can(s)refried beans
1 smalltomato (optional)
1-2 pkgsoft flour tortilla shells
1-2 pkgmexican blend shredded cheese
1 jar(s)sour cream (optional)
1 jar(s)salsa (optional)
How to Make Burrito Bake
- Brown ground beef
- add 1pkg seasoning mix to ground beef as directed. If you use 2# or more, use a pkg for every pound. Keep one for the sauce.
- In a casserole dish spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- spread refried beans on taco shells, and place bean side up.
- While waiting for beef to brown microwave 1 cup water till it's boiling.
Add seasoning packet to water and mix..
It will thicken up as it sits.
- Spoon meat on to refriend beans.
Layer with cheese, lettuce tomato.
Add another layer of shells and beans.
Continue to keep layering until it's as thick as you want it.
- You may add more kinds of veggies if you like. Onions, peppers, whatever. I tend to add more cheese to make it cheesy for my kids.
- When you are to the top, continue the layering. The last 2 shells with beans need to be face down..
Take the sauce that is thickening, and pour over top of casserole. Make sure you get all sides of pans, it keeps it moist.
Sprinkle cheese over the top
- bake @ 350 for 1h. Serve with Sour cream and/or salsa.