- 1 can(s)
- or 2 cups black or pinto beans, mashed in 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder of choice (i like chipotle)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 tsp
- fajita seasoning (optional); salt to taste
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese (i like extra-sharp)
- 8 oz
- monterrey jack cheese
- tortilla chips (i like calidad brand)
- fresh or jarred sliced jalapenos or serranos, optional
How to Make BLONDIE'S MICROWAVE BEAN AND CHEESE NACHOS
- 1In saucepan over medium heat, stir mashed beans in oil till smooth. Add seasonings and stir. Taste to see if it of your liking and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- 2Slice your cheese to the thickness you like and big enough to fit your nacho. Slice jalapeno, serrano and set aside.
- 3Place the chips on a microwave-safe plate(s). Spread beans on...as much as YOU like. Place slice of cheese on top of beans and then as many slices of pepper YOU like.
- 4Place in microwave for 1 to 1&1/2 minutes. If cheese is not melted cook 30 seconds at a time till they are. Serve alone or as an accompaniment with other appetizers or mexican dishes.
- 5NOTE: You can make less and refrigerate or freeze the beans if you're making these for 1 or 2 people. Otherwise this will make enough for 4 or 5. Adjust how much cheese and peppers to slice according to how many you will be feeding. This is something that can be made in a snap!