Beef and Bean Enchilada casserole
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (browned with onion)
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 packages enchilada sauce/or 2 cans (prepared / heated and set aside)
- 1 can bush's chili beans with sauce (hot or mild, your choice)
- 1 8oz pkg. mexican or taco cheese (shredded)
- 1 8oz pkg. cobly-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- garnish ingredients: (below)
- shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced green onions,
- sour cream, jalapeno pepper rings, black olives, guacamole, salsa (you choose)
- optional- western dressing
How to Make Beef and Bean Enchilada casserole
- 1Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees
Brown ground beef with onion .. drain excess grease.
Using approx a 9 x 12 baking dish spread approx 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce with back of spoon about bottom of baking dish ( you might have to add a couple extra tbs ) place corn tortillas (over lapping a bit) over sauce enough to cover bottom of baking dish, spoon 1/2 of beef mixture over tortillas. Add chili beans with sauce in spoonfuls to beef (beans won't cover all of the beef), spoon over approx 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, sprinkle entire bag of Mexican/taco cheese ( you can use less).. add another layer of tortillas, add remaining beef , remaining enchilada sauce (hold back some if too much) and sprinkle Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over entire casserole. (you can use less)
- 2Place casserole in oven , bake for approx 30 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and brown .
Remove from oven let cool a few minutes before cutting into , top with favorite garnishes. Serve with fried or Spanish rice on side.
- 3Suggestion: Try a bit of Western dressing over lettuce garnish. It's really good !!
Note: place garnishes in divided serving tray .. makes it easier to pass around / help self.